1. General information1.1. By entering this competition, valid entries received by Viking in accordance with these Terms and Conditions have an opportunity, through a prize draw, to win one HP officejet pro 7730 colour inkjet all-in-one printer, Fitbit Activity Tracker Alta Large Black, Oki C332dn laser printer, or Wenger Travel Bag 17 inch Black (or a prize of equal or greater value substituted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions).
1.2. There are four prizes available and there will be one winner of each prize on Facebook.
1.3. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter this competition but internet access is required to enter the competition so data charges may apply. Viking shall not be responsible for any data charges or other costs which an entrant may incur in connection with entering this competition.
1.4. The competition will start at 09:00 on 31 August 2018 and will close at 23:59 on 30 September 2018 (London Time).
1.5. Only entries which are posted on Facebook and seen by Viking during this time will be valid and all entries will be judged by a panel of judges with at least one independent judge.
2. The organiser of this competition2.1. The promotor is Viking Direct (Ireland) Limited, registered in Ireland, with company number 243136 and a registered address at 35 Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin 11.
2.2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
(a) “Viking” means Viking Direct (Ireland) Limited, its affiliated companies and any third parties directly associated with administration of this competition; and
(b) “affiliated company” means in respect of a company, any person or entity that controls (directly or indirectly) that company, is controlled (directly or indirectly) by that company or is under common control with that company.
2.3. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Each entrant is providing their information to Viking and by participating in this competition, each entrants agrees that neither Facebook has any liability whatsoever in connection with this competition.
3. Who can enter3.1. The competition is open to any individual that is:
(a) aged 18 years and over;
(b) resident in Ireland, and
(c) not an employee of Viking or an immediate family member of such employees.
3.2. All entrants must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and these Terms and Conditions.
3.3. Viking reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, in its reasonable opinion has:
(a) tampered with, or disrupted, this competition;
(b) manipulated the selection process (including the creation or use of fake, dummy or multiple accounts on Facebook;
(c) breached these Terms and Condition; or
(d) otherwise attempted to do any of the items listed in paragraphs 3.3(a) to 3.3(c) above.
4. How to enter4.1. To enter on Facebook an entrant needs to:
(a) login to their Facebook account; and
(b) create an office hack using an office supplies product
(c) upload the photo of the created office hack
4.2. A maximum of one entry is allowed per Facebook profile. To avoid doubt, an entrant may use each of their Facebook account to enter competition but bulk entries or entries from third parties, agencies or consumer groups will not be accepted.
5. Winning and publicity5.1. The winner will be announced and advised to contact Viking via Facebook by 29 October 2018 and the winner will have up to 7 days to claim the prize after such announcement.
5.2. The winner will have to provide additional information and may be required to provide additional documents to Viking within a specified time.
5.3. The winner should allow up to [14 days] for delivery of the prize (calculated from the date that the winner provides all information requested by Viking).
5.4. The winner will be disqualified as a winner if:
(a) that person fails to contact Viking with the time frame specified in paragraph 5.1;
(b) that person fails to provide such additional information and documents and send them to Viking within the required time frame;
(c) any notification is returned as undeliverable as addressed; or
(d) that person has, in Viking’s reasonable opinion, breached of these Terms and Conditions.
5.5. If a winner is disqualified, Viking will select an alternative winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
5.6. The winner agrees to participate in publicity or advertising accompanying or resulting from this competition without additional remuneration.
5.7. The name of the winner and details of the winning entry will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the closing date of the competition. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Use of an entrant’s information6.1. By entering the competition, each entrant:
(a) grants Viking permission to use the entrant’s name and likeness to organise and/or manage this competition;
(b) accept that an entrant’s entry will become the property of Viking upon receipt and will not be returned to the entrant;
(c) acknowledge and agree that Viking and its licensees have the right, free of charge, to use an entrant’s competition entry for its marketing purposes including publishing an entry on the internet in connection with Viking’s businesses (including, but not limited to its websites, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, blogs, Pinterest, Instagram and press releases);
(d) waives any moral rights or similar rights the entrant has in the competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
(e) warrants and represent to Viking that their competition entry is wholly original to the entrant and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that it does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party; and
7. Viking’s rights and exclusion of liabilities7.1. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
7.2. Subject to paragraph 7.1, each entrant agrees that neither Viking nor any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall be responsible or liable for:
(a) any incorrect, inaccurate or faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; and/or
(b) any communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of the competition; and/or
(c) any inaccessibility or unavailability of all or any part of the Internet, Facebook or any combination thereof; and/or
(d) any system failures of all or part of Facebook and/or
(e) the failure of any third party to fulfil any of its obligations in relation to the competition, although Viking will always endeavour to minimise the effect of any such failure; and/or
(f) any postponement or cancellation of the competition; and/or
(g) any change to the Prize; and/or
(h) any act or default of any third-party suppliers.
7.3. Viking reserves the right to amend at any time periods and notification dates to the extent legally permissible should circumstances make this necessary or to cancel this competition before the closing date.
7.4. If the competition is cancelled for any reason, Viking shall not be held liable by virtue of that cancellation.
7.5. Viking's decision is final and binding in all matters in connection with this competition and no correspondence will be entered.
8. The prize8.1. There is no cash alternative to the prize. However, Viking reserves the right to substitute the advertised prize or any part of the prize for a prize equivalent or greater in monetary value should this be necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
8.2. The prize only includes what is expressly stated to be part of the prize and it is non-transferable (unless otherwise agreed in writing by Viking).
9. Applicable law9.1. If any of these Terms and Conditions are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected provision(s) shall be deleted from these Terms and Conditions but the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
9.2. This competition and disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it shall be construed in accordance with Irish Law.
9.3. By entering this competition, all entrants agree that the Courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claims that arise out of or in connection with this competition.